In the name of Allah, the Most Affectionate, the Most Merciful

5/3/10

The Main Character Here...is ME

Let's put all formalities aside. I mean, this is a blog. We are now in the 21st century. Technology does not require formality.

You can't see me right now, and perhaps you never will. For all you know, I could be a serial killer. Wait, I don't want to scare you off now! Maybe I might be a simple tidy housewife who is tired of a boring life and wants to spice it up a bit. Maybe I'm a preppy high school student who is tired of cliques and has ended up here to divulge in some gossip.

I'm not going to say so...let your imagination run wild.

Now all joking aside, I really am a simple girl. But not a housewife. I have quite a bit of time until marriage, even if all my relatives may disagree.

But I'm not saying anything more. Picture a girl.

The symbol for a girl is a circle with somewhat of a cross. I really am not a key-looking type of girl, though.

Even if you imagine a stick figure...well, I'm not that skinny and I'm grateful for that.

Maybe I am boring you? I apologize. How silly of me to dissect symbols and their meaning. I am no symbolist, although Robert Langdon inspires me to become one.

Actually, if I had the choice, I would like to do something different each day. I mean, a different profession each day - there are over a billion, I'm sure.

I could be a pilot one day, a doctor the next, making jewelry in South Africa, from serving warm chai in India to weaving silk in China.

The thought of doing the same thing everyday at the same location scares me tremendously. What if I pull my hair one day and become bald? And then no one marries me?

But I shouldn't grieve over it just now. Plenty of time to decide.

Um..did you gain any sense of who I am now? I know the picture isn't quite clear yet, but it will.

Oh and of course the phone had to ring this very instant. I have a feeling who this is going to be....and so I better end this now.

Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. I gained some sense of who you are...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. You will get to know me more if you keep reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blog!!!
    mashallah!!
    you should write books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello, I'm Ida, an indonesian muslim girl. I'm searching friends, especially america muslim girls. I want to develop my network, so I can know my other 'sisters' over the world. sorry for my bad english. if you're interested with me, please add my fb : fb.com/ida.mys or email me : idamysari@gmail.com. thank you for your attention. Barakallahu laki. :)

    ReplyDelete